Feel like you are living in a historic time for marriage equality and LGBT rights? You are! Talk to any gay, lesbian, bisexual or transgender baby boomer and most will agree that they never thought they’d see the day that we could marry the person we truly love in our lifetime or that laws would protect us in our living space and workplace.
Submit an outstanding contribution and you could win 5 free nights in one of our penthouse suites! (SUGGESTED RETAIL VALUE $3,000, NO CASH VALUE)
Here are the guidelines and suggestions for an essay entry:
- Capture what it was like coming out and any LGBT history you would like to mention from your lifetime.
- Give a great description of what is occurring at this time in LGBT equality.
- Predict what you think life will be like 50 years from now for an LGBT person. How do you envision society will be in 50 years?
- Have fun writing this and feel free to include emotions and feelings and how the social change has affected you. Feel free to include photos or other insertions.
Here are the rules:
- Write a one page essay of 500 words or less.
- Submit your entry before November 30, 2014.
- If you wish, bring or send a small item to be placed in the capsule that is representative of our time or lives right now as an LGBT person to us on Maui before 11/30/14. Bring or mail the item to Chuck Spence, Maui Sunseeker LGBT Resort, 551 S Kihei Road, Kihei, HI 96753 (Please note the capsule is 20”x10”x18” so we reserve the right to choose which items can be included.)
- The staff of the Maui Sunseeker and a few independent outside consultants will judge the essays and items to determine which can be included. Their votes will determine ultimate winner of the five night stay.
- All entries submitted become the property of the Maui Sunseeker LLC and will not be returned.
- The winner(s) of the 5 night penthouse stay will be announced in our December, 2014 newsletter. Selected essays will be published on our website and in our newsletter.