Lime in the Coconut Cocktail
Makes 4 short glasses, or 2 tall glasses
Measurements based on 1 shot = 1.5 fluid ounces = 3 tablespoons
- 4 shots Cruzan vanilla rum
- 4 shots cream of coconut (sweetened coconut cream, such as Coco Lopez)
- 1 shot agave nectar
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice (about 2 to 3 limes)
- 1/4 fresh lime
- 1 tbsp finely shredded, unsweetened, dehydrated coconut
- 2 large cups ice
- Lime wedges, for garnish
1. Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. Garnish glasses with wedges of lime.
The recipe calls for 1/4 fresh lime. Yes, the whole thing ... rind and all. Depending on how powerful your blender is, it may be a good idea to cut up the 1/4 lime into smaller pieces, but either way, in it all goes!
For the dehydrated coconut, we used finely shredded coconut like that used in baking. The texture is much finer than traditional shredded coconut, like you might use to make coconut macaroons, and works better in this cocktail.
The recipe is easily made virgin/alcohol-free by omitting the rum.
This recipe is: gluten-free, dairy/lactose/casein-free, peanut-free, fish-free, shellfish-free, egg-free, soy-free, corn-free.